What is the Sure Academy?
The Sure Academy is a two-year paid employment programme. It is part of our commitment to offer local people a channel into the workplace and provide an opportunity for bright, enthusiastic and motivated school and college leavers, and those looking for a career change, to join our business. Whilst on the scheme, individuals will gain practical training, an internationally recognised qualification and a high quality experience that will lead to an exciting and challenging career. Many of our previous Academy members now work in permanent roles within Sure, proving that it’s the ideal stepping stone to a long-term career in telecommunications.
Why would you want to join the Sure Academy?
As well as the top reasons above:
- You’ll be earning money while gaining experience and getting practical ‘on the job’ training, which can be a great alternative to University.
- You'll work in a fast-paced technologically advanced environment, with other highly skilled, passionate people dedicated to what they do.
- We’ll sponsor you to gain an internationally recognised qualification - all while getting paid!
- It’s the starting point for a fantastic career
What does the Technical Academy scheme involve in each island?
The Academy scheme involves a rotation around the Sure business including with engineering teams and Retail which enables individuals to gain experience in both technical and commercial environments.
- Guernsey – In Guernsey, the rotation will include engineering teams across our mobile, fixed and corporate business lines, IP support working on residential and business products and retail.
- Jersey – In Jersey, the rotation will include our Service Operating Centre, Professional Services, and Cloud Services with additional time spent in Retail.
- Isle of Man – In Isle of Man, the rotation will include engineering teams across our mobile, fixed and corporate business lines and retail.
What qualifications are required for the Sure Academy?
The Sure Academy is open to anyone from the age of 17, who has a full driving licence, including school leavers or those wishing to start a new career. Entry requirements are 5 GCSE passes at grade C or above (including English, Maths and a Science subject) and good passes at an advanced level qualification such as GCE A Level, BTEC or NVQ (IT based is desirable but not essential).
How to apply?
If you wish to apply for an opportunity on one of our Academy schemes submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com