We are looking to recruit an Access Network Jointing Technician based in Guernsey.
The successful candidate will carry out construction/installation/maintenance of underground duct and cables in the Access Network of the Bailiwick of Guernsey, Jersey and Isle Of Man. Duties will include the termination and installation of cables at joints, distribution points, Street MSAN’s and Copper Main Distribution Frames (MDF)/Optical Distribution Frames (ODF); interception and jointing/splicing of copper cable pairs and fibre optic cables; installation of underground plant and other minor works duties as required; and fault tracing and rectification in the copper and fibre networks.
As well as portraying our Company values; One Team, Customer Driven, Trust and Simplicity, applicants must have a basic knowledge of cabling systems and be physically capable of:
- undertaking excavations by hand or with the aid of suitable mechanical plant
- working in confined spaces
- identifying all colour spectrums
- manipulating small objects and components
- working at height and climbing poles and ladders.
Applicants must also hold a current category B driving licence.